As we think about next steps, it would be helpful to compile a reading list of the published evaluations of the current stack and other publications of relevance to the alternative approaches being explored in 2019. Please feel free to add anything you think might be useful to consider as part of this environmental scan. This page should be conisdered a temporary parking space for this information until there's a better location.
Linked Data: Usability and Adoption
- Ruben Verborgh, "Designing a Linked Data developer experience: Making decentralized Web app development fun"
Assessments of Fedora on Modeshape
- Fedora Leaders meeting at CNI 2018
- Fedora Performance and Scalabilty working group
- Fedora Assessment for TACO Truck
- Jonathan Rochkind, "On the present and future of samvera technical architectures"
- Adam Wead, "Performance Metrics with Valkyrie and Hyrax" and "Benchmark Testing with Valkyrie and Hyrax"
- There was another blog post recently that I've been unable to locate (if anyone knows please add – it was a self-described brain dump from somebody who had worked on Samvera)
OCFL and Potential Advantages of the Filesystem
- OCFL specification, v0.1
Alex Garnett, Mike Winter, and Justin Simpson, "Checksums on Modern Filesystems, or: On the Virtuous Consumption of CPU Cycles"
- Roy Tennant, "A Paean to the Filesystem"