NO MEETING on Weds, July 4. This is a USA Holiday. We will return to our normal schedule on Weds, July 11 at 15:00 UTC.
(Ongoing Topic) DSpace 7 Status Updates for this week. No major updates this week.
- DSpace 7 Working Group is where the work is taking place
- DSpace 7 Dev Status spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18brPF7cZy_UKyj97Ta44UJg5Z8OwJGi7PLoPJVz-g3g/edit#gid=0
(Ongoing Topic) DSpace 6.x Status Updates for this week
DSpace 6.3 Release is nearly complete. Announcements going out soon.Woo! Announcements and security advisories have been sent. Thanks to everyone who helped with PRs, testing, reviews and release tasks!
- Any interest in folks from this meeting taking part in the next DSpace 7 Community Sprint (July 9-20)?
- Currently, looks like it'll be a small group. But, this is a great opportunity to learn "hands-on" with support from Sprint Coaches (via Slack and meetings). Again, we have no availability requirements. Even simply claiming one ticket to work on would be of help.
- Now that 6.3 is heading out the door, we have an opportunity to bring other topics to this agenda. Any brainstorms/ideas on upcoming topics that are of interest to this weekly meeting?
- Tickets, Pull Requests or Email threads/discussions requiring more attention? (Please feel free to add any you wish to discuss under this topic)
- Master ports from 6.3. Kim Shepherd has a Google Sheet with a list of issues that we've had to close to ensure the 6.3 changelog was accurate, but which are still waiting on pull requests for master to be written / merged. As we're working through this list, we should remove the 'port to master' label from the dspace-6.x PR and if possible, edit the JIRA comment to remove the "63_PORT_TO_MASTER" text. The following link gives anyone edit access so please be kind, I trust you all! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X-Zk56gz-wg6p7JaiuBzzUquqOvwwx_-o_ZDDvGPSQU/edit?usp=sharing
- Preparing for 6.4: Another message from Kim Shepherd , who is as sick of 6.x as all of you We need to move all open JIRA issues with fix version of 6.3 to 6.4, and the sooner we get onto reviewing and merging PRs, keeping on top of ports and documentation and admin tasks etc, the smoother the next bugfix release will be.
These topics are ones we've touched on in the past and likely need to revisit (with other interested parties). If a topic below is of interest to you, say something and we'll promote it to an agenda topic!