- System downtime is required to upgrade the triple stores
- SPARQL queries will need to be checked for use of string datatypes. See Data types for string and language
- Applications directly accessing the SDB triple store will need to be upgraded to use Jena 3 libraries.
- With the upgrade to Jena 3.x, Java 8 is required. The Maven projects have been upgraded to state a dependency on version 8, and Maven will not run without it.
- If you have customizations, please see
Changes to runtime.properties
For VIVO 1.10, the preferred location of
runtime.properties has changed from the
<vivo_home> directory to
<vivo_home>/config. VIVO will raise a warning on startup if runtime.properties is found in
<vivo_home> or both
<vivo_home>/config. Continue startup by refreshing or clicking continue. Move
runtime.properties into the config directory to avoid the warning.
Password hashing settings
VIVO 1.10 includes security enhancements to the way passwords are stored in VIVO. Three new settings are now required in runtime.properties. Add the following to an older version of runtime.settings (default settings shown):
argon2.parallelism = 1 argon2.memory = 1024 argon2.time = 1000
For a full explanation of the new settings, see example.runtime.properties.
Upgrading The Triple Stores