DevMtg 2016-10-12

Developers Meeting on Weds, October 12, 2016

Today's Meeting Times


Quick Notes / Announcements

  • Tim will be out-of-office next week (DuraSpace Staff meetings), Oct 17 through 21.  Volunteers to lead next Dev Meeting on Oct 19 at 15:00UTC?
  • Art Lowel (Atmire) started a Doodle Poll to talk about next steps with Angular 2 UI / DSpace 7:

Discussion Topics

  1. DSpace 4.7 Status: Where do we stand with the 4.x (backport) release?
  2. DSpace 6.0 Status. Are we ready for a final RC4? followed by 6.0 (about one week later)?
    1. "Must Have" tickets that need resolution before 6.0 Final (These are all unresolved tickets flagged "Fix for 6.0" with a priority of "Major" or above.)

      Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution

    2. Other "quick win" PRs, which are "nice to haves":
  3. Other 6.0 "known issues" (Any tickets in these lists that are not listed above may be rescheduled for 6.1 or later, if no volunteers are found)
    1. Other unresolved issues flagged from "testathon":
    2. All the PRs flagged for 6.0 (some may need rescheduling):

Ongoing Reminders

  • New UI Initiatiave (previously called DSpace UI Prototype Challenge).
    • Next phase won't begin until after 6.0 is released
    • Team who built the proof-of-concept UI have begun a (rough) list of brainstorming/planning tickets for the next phase
    • A User Interface / User Experience Interest Group is in the process of being established (via DCAT). Once established, a call for more members will be made on all lists
    • Possible Interest Group(s) for REST API and one for Angular 2 UI design forthcoming.

Meeting Notes

Meeting Transcript

Action Items

(Action items go here, if any)