Topic suggestions for work during the November 2020 Developer Congress. Please follow checklist below for submitting your proposed topic. If your topic has related github issues they can be added to the 2020 Developer Congress Project Issue Board.
Topic Proposal Checklist
- Short Title
- Link to Issues, Branches, Documentation, etc.
- Duration, estimate how long the session will last (For example: 3hrs, (2) 8hr days, etc.)
- Proposed By (Samvera Slack Channel Handle)
- Facilitator (Samvera Slack Channel Handle) (Topic Facilitator Guide - Developer Congress 2020)
Title: Update ActiveFedora to work on Fedora 5.
Description: We have a branch sitting around that almost gets ActiveFedora working with Fedora 5, we could work together to get this passing.
Duration: 6 hrs
Proposed By: Trey Pendragon (Slack: @tpendragon)
Facilitator: Seeking a facilitator.
NOTE: Put this information in the Proposed Topics table below.
- add a topic to the table of proposed topics below (See Topic List - Developer Congress 2020#Topic Proposal Checklist and example above for guidance on proposing a topic.)
- identify yourself as a facilitator for a topic you propose or a topic proposed by others (See Topic List - Developer Congress 2020#Facilitator Guide below.)
- indicate your interest in one or more topics
|Title||Description||Links||Time Estimate||Proposed By||Facilitator||Interested in|
|Review Samvera Labs for Promotion Candidates (or Archive Candidates)||We have quite a few repositories in Samvera Labs. Some of these may warrant promotion into Samvera; Others may be something to move to samvera-deprecated||https://samvera.github.io/samvera_labs.html||Duration of the Dev Congress|
Jeremy Friesen (per discussions in 2020-09-10 - Samvera Branch Renaming Working Group
- Propose or claim a topic in the Proposed Topics table above
- You will be asked to introduce your topic with a brief summary (minute or less) during the kick off meeting
Goal of this checklist is to enable leaders of specific issues to be able to collect resources for those interested in contributing; aiming to provide a shared knowledge base before beginning the work together. While optional, if you're facilitating a topic we recommend you provide these resources to attendees ahead of time:
- Prepare zoom link or slack room link that will be used for contributors to gather
- Prepare short list of languages the work will be coded in
- Prepare list of any tutorials a contributor can complete to familiarize themselves with the work ahead
- If similar work has occurred in other repositories please include links to those repositories as well