Child pages
  • Samvera Tech Call 2020-07-08
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to connect: https://notredame.zoom.us/j/94030214208 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)

 Click to view telephone/H.323/SIP connection instructions
Meeting ID: 940 3021 4208 One tap mobile Dial by your location Meeting ID: 940 3021 4208 Find your local number: https://notredame.zoom.us/u/aPls29JbL Join by SIP 94030214208@zoomcrc.com Join by H.323
  • 162.255.37.11 (US West)
  • 162.255.36.11 (US East)
  • 115.114.131.7 (India Mumbai)
  • 115.114.115.7 (India Hyderabad)
  • 213.19.144.110 (EMEA)
  • 103.122.166.55 (Australia)
  • 64.211.144.160 (Brazil)
  • 69.174.57.160 (Canada)
  • 207.226.132.110 (Japan)
Meeting ID: 940 3021 4208

Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT

Moderator: Jeremy Friesen

Notetaker: Tom Johnson

Attendees:


Agenda

  1. Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)

    1. folks outside North and South America

    2. Eastern timezone

    3. Central timezone

    4. Mountain timezone

    5. Pacific timezone

    6. folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call

    7. Remind everyone to sign in on agenda.
    8. Welcome all newcomers!
  2. Agenda (moderator)
    1. Call for new agenda items (moderator)
    2. Samvera Branch Renaming WG Charter (Jeremy Friesen )
      1. Review with a goal of sending a Call for Participation (CfP) out 2020-07-08
    3. Translation management system offered by Bertie Wooles (Ubiquity Press) on tech email list (Chris Colvard )
    4. Normalizing location of CONTRIBUTING document (see related PR for discussion) (Jeremy Friesen )
      1. I'd prefer to first discuss https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/pull/4414
      2. https://github.com/samvera/hydra-head/pull/513
    5. Pull request review
      1. https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/pull/4414 (Jeremy Friesen) Maybe addressing flappy specs?
      2. https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/pull/4158 (Jeremy Friesen) I want to look at the failing specs
      3. https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/pull/4397 (Jeremy Friesen) I'd like to see if others get these errors locally
  3. Moderator & notetaker for next time
    1. Moderator: 
    2. Notetaker: 
  4. After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
    1. Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2020-xx-xx"

    2. Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
    3. Popup will open for location. It should contain: 
      1. Space: Samvera
      2. Parent page: 2020
    4. Select copy. New page should be created.
    5. Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
  5. PR Review
    1. Review issues:
    2. PR review coordinator for next time: 


Notes

    1. Samvera Branch Renaming WG Charter (Jeremy Friesen
      1. Review with a goal of sending a Call for Participation (CfP) out 2020-07-08
      2. CFP is going out today to seek participation.
      3. Jeremy Friesen to send out today.
    2. Translation management system offered by Bertie Wooles (Ubiquity Press) on tech email list (Chris Colvard )
      1. Ubiquity runs a server called Weblate that can be used for managing translations.
      2. Current flow:
        1. New i18n keys are added with english varients
        2. auto-translate is run;
        3. later, maybe, a native speaker or translator notices and manually updates translations
      3. Weblate offers a dashboard(?) for tracking which translations need work.
        1. Could improve the flow and help us understand translation status.
      4. Should this be pushed up to the Hyrax IG?
      5. Chris will resurface this with Bertie and reach out to frequent translators so we can understand if this would be useful and who we can
    3. Normalizing location of CONTRIBUTING document (see related PR for discussion) (Jeremy Friesen )
      1. I'd prefer to first discuss https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/pull/4414
        1. Hyrax isn't cleaning the databases on feature specs; we should(?)
        2. We think this might have been on purpose to speed up the test suite in the Travis CI era
        3. It's important to keep the cycle time fast, but individual test speed isn't a major factor on that front right now.
        4. Jeremy Friesen will usher this PR through
      2. https://github.com/samvera/hydra-head/pull/513
        1. wanting to normalize location of CONTRIBUTING.md across Samvera repository
          1. should they go in `.github`? is there a github-side feature?
          2. Rachel Kadel if it's in repo root or /docs or /.github the link will appear in PRs and on issue creation pages
          3. the root of the repo will be easier to notice for folks who have pulled the repo and are looking at the context
          4. Should this go to promotion guidelines? elsewhere?
          5. James R. Griffin III will raise this to CCWG in slack
    4. Pull request review
      1. https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/pull/4414 (Jeremy Friesen) Maybe addressing flappy specs?
      2. https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/pull/4158 (Jeremy Friesen) I want to look at the failing specs
      3. https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/pull/4397 (Jeremy Friesen) I'd like to see if others get these errors locally
      4. https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/pull/4412 this got merged, as a backport of major changes to IIIF manifest generation
      5. https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/pull/4384 this is still WIP
  1. Moderator & notetaker for next time
    1. Moderator: Jeremy Friesen
    2. Notetaker: James R. Griffin III
  • No labels