How to connect: https://psu.zoom.us/j/613720745 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
18.104.22.168 (US West)
22.214.171.124 (US East)
126.96.36.199 (Hong Kong)
Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT
Moderator: Tom Johnson
Notetaker: James R. Griffin III
- Max Kadel (Data Curation Experts)
- Jeremy Friesen (University of Notre Dame)
- LaRita Robinson (University of Notre Dame)
Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Remind everyone to sign in on agenda.
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Moderator & notetaker for next time
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2020-xx-xx"
- Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
- Popup will open for location. It should contain:
- Space: Samvera
- Parent page: 2020
- Select copy. New page should be created.
- Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
- PR Review
- Review issues:
- PR review coordinator for next time:
- Hyrax PR 4278 (Fixing logic around deleting nested membership)
- Reported bug which was addressed by a developer without a CLA
- User is going to add a Collection to an existing Work, then removing the Collection in the form
- There is a nested attribute for the Work which indicates that the Work is destroyed, but it was never added to the Collection
- A backport for this shall be needed
- Hyrax PR 4275 (Adding Caching to IIIF Manifest Generation)
- Feature for improving the retrieval of IIIF Manifests
- This required quite some amount of effort
- Even with this caching, the first user to the page doesn't have the Manifest cached
- Trey Pendragon (Princeton) commented on Slack that this feature is generally very challenging
- Cache clearing is extremely difficult as a strategy
- SolrWrapper PR 134
- Triggered by bandwidth difficulties
- Adds a "debug" option for tracing the process of downloading and running Solr in this Gem
- This project also feels somewhat abandoned
- Should we write something under the Apache 2 license which goes under Samvera?
- Should we just use something based off of Docker Compose instead?
- What obstacles have there been for placing these under the Samvera Organization?
- cbeer has licensed GitHub projects under MIT licenses (which are incompatible with Apache 2)
- We could ask cbeer to hand this offer and agree with the license being changed
- We would also be required to request this from all contributors on the project
- Should we be investigating engine_cart as well?
- Next Call
- Moderator: Jeremy
- Notetaker: James
- Hyrax PR Session
- This is delayed given that Chris Colvard is no longer available to host these at this time weekly
- Call ended at 09:17 PDT/12:17 EDT