How to connect: https://psu.zoom.us/j/613720745 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
18.104.22.168 (US West)
22.214.171.124 (US East)
126.96.36.199 (Hong Kong)
Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT
Moderator: Tom Johnson
Notetaker: Jamie Little
- Collin Brittle (Emory)
- James R. Griffin III (Princeton University Library)
- Jamie Little
- Jim Coble (Duke)
- Chris Colvard (Indiana University)
- Thomas Scherz (Cincinnati)
- Andrew Myers (WGBH)
- LaRita Robinson (Notre Dame)
- Trey Pendragon (Princeton)
- Gordon Leacock (Michigan)
Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Remind everyone to sign in on agenda.
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Call for new agenda items (moderator)
- Reorganizing Samvera and Hyrax GitHub groups (Tom Johnson )
- We use these groups to tag in relevant users (e.g. hyrax-repo-managers), but they are unmaintained
- How can we get/keep them up to date?
- Valkyrie Indexing Adapters in Hyrax (Tom Johnson )
- GeoWorks Status and Call for Deprecation (James R. Griffin III)
- Follow-up on CFP for Documentation Interest Group (Andrew Myers)
- we have enough to get started, but feel free to add your name.
- Expect announcement later this week via standard communication channels.
- CFP for Hyrax Permissions Working Group (Chris Colvard)
- add agenda item here
- Moderator & notetaker for next time
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2019-xx-xx"
- Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
- Popup will open for location. It should contain:
- Space: Samvera
- Parent page: 2019
- Select copy. New page should be created.
- Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
- PR Review
- Review issues:
- PR review coordinator for next time:
GitHub Groups in Samvera org
- Groups haven't been maintained and people in the groups may be out of date
- How can we maintain these lists so we aren't spamming folks?
- GitHub calls these 'teams'.
- Maybe have product owners handle team membership
- Are these used to manage permissions?
Tom may send out a message to community to gather interest for maintaining these groups Valkyrie Indexing Adapters in Hyrax
Valkyrie Indexing adapter is on master
- Now is a good time for feedback
- One PR is open for this currently:
- Call for deprecation
- Not actively being maintained and a lot of work would need to be done to update it to modern Hyrax
Documentation Interest Group
- 9 respondents
- Two folks volunteered, 5 maybe, 2 no
- Charter will be sent out sometime this week
Hyrax Permissions Group CFP
- Call for people to participate
- Originated at a Samvera Connect unconference
- Looking for developers that would like to create a plan of action
- Looking to start soon
Core components group is looking for a chair.