How to connect: https://psu.zoom.us/j/613720745 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
184.108.40.206 (US West)
220.127.116.11 (US East)
18.104.22.168 (Hong Kong)
Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT
Moderator: LaRita Robinson
Notetaker: Chris Colvard
- James R. Griffin III (Princeton University Library)
- Adam Malantonio (Lafayette College)
- Collin Brittle (Emory)
- Andrew Myers (WGBH)
- Jim Coble (Duke)
- Tom Johnson (UCSB)
- Jose Blanco (University of Michigan)
- Thomas Scherz (University of Cincinnati)
- Jamie Little (DCE)
Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Remind everyone to sign in on agenda.
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Hyrax 3.0.0 release (Tom Johnson )
- Moderator & notetaker for next time
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2019-xx-xx"
- Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
- Popup will open for location. It should contain:
- Space: Samvera
- Parent page: 2019
- Select copy. New page should be created.
- Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
- PR Review
- Review issues:
- PR review coordinator for next time:
2.a. Hyrax 3.0.0 release
- Getting close to release so expect a release candidate in the next 10 days.
- RC will have full round of manual acceptance testing headed by notch 8 and they will call for volunteers to help.
- After full round of testing, fix bugs and release next RC then spot test. Repeat if necessary waiting at least a week between RCs.
- Will wait a week from final RC until release to give time for implementors to test. You should take the opportunity to do this.
- Time to release is at minimum 2 weeks from RC1 to a couple months depending on number of RCs.
- Does 3.0 have full valkyrie support? No, there is no direct connection between wings/valkyrie and Hyrax 3.0. Sprint currently happening in tandem with 3.0 work and contains some production valkyrie code but not exclusively using valkyrie. Full valkyrie support may come in the 3.x release series. 3.0 will have Wings valkyrie adapter. The Wings adapter is the first step for implementors to work on migrating their code to valkyrie.
- Release notes should be nearly complete so review to help you decide when to upgrade.
- Hyrax 2.5.2? Please call out any code that needs to be backported to 2.x.
PR Review Time
- ActiveFedora 13 support in Hydra-Head and Hyrax
- Decided to remove testing of AF 10.x since it is broken and not trivial to fix
- James and Chris will work on cutting a release of HH
- Tom J. will update this when HH has been released
- Chris will take another look at this