How to connect: https://psu.zoom.us/j/613720745 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
126.96.36.199 (US West)
188.8.131.52 (US East)
184.108.40.206 (Hong Kong)
Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT
Moderator: Jim Coble
Notetaker: Thomas Scherz
- Jim Coble (Duke University)
- Daniel Pierce (Indiana University)
- LaRita Robinson (Notre Dame)
- Tom Johnson (UCSB)
- Collin Brittle (Emory)
- Gordon Leacock (Univ. of Michigan)
- Randall Floyd (Indiana University)
- James Halliday (Indiana University)
- Anna Headley (Princeton University)
- Fritz Freiheit (University of Michigan)
- Thomas Scherz (University of Cincinnati)
Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Remind everyone to sign in on agenda.
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Call for new agenda items (moderator)
- I'd like to add an agenda item to discuss a possible solution to the multiple file upload failure issue. I have google doc describing issue here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IlVikDg887aDCl4P2A8_XUaAglPvvd7hpwRyk3J5IDI/edit?usp=sharing (Fritz Freiheit)
- Feedback on potential solutions to caching issues when uploading new versions of files. (Daniel Pierce)
- Moderator & notetaker for next time
- Moderator: Larita Robinson
- Notetaker: Thomas Scherz
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2019-xx-xx"
- Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
- Popup will open for location. It should contain:
- Space: Samvera
- Parent page: 2019
- Select copy. New page should be created.
- Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
- PR Review
- Review issues:
- PR review coordinator for next time:
2b: Fritz discovered an odd behavior when attaching multiple files (10+) to a work through the form. We discussed back and forth the reproducibility of the problem and possible causes. Tom J would like to see us take our time and diagnosis this one correctly. Is it a problem with the job? The locks? JQuery uploader? Can we reproduce outside of the GUI? Fritz will open an issue to explore the problem.
2c: To deal with the caching problems with thumbnails and Universal Viewer, Daniel will update his PR to use the fcr:version image URI. Chris C's manifest concerns are noted and Tom J is inclined to support the solution.