How to connect: https://psu.zoom.us/j/613720745 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
126.96.36.199 (US West)
188.8.131.52 (US East)
184.108.40.206 (Hong Kong)
Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT
Moderator: Jim Coble
Notetaker: LaRita Robinson
- Jim Coble (Duke)
- Thomas Scherz (Cincinnati)
- LaRita Robinson (Notre Dame)
- Carolyn Cole (PSU)
- Tom Johnson (UCSB)
- James R. Griffin III (Princeton University Library)
- Chris Colvard (Indiana University)
- Jennifer Smith (UNC)
Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Remind everyone to sign in on agenda.
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Moderator & notetaker for next time
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2019-xx-xx"
- Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
- Popup will open for location. It should contain:
- Space: Samvera
- Parent page: 2019
- Select copy. New page should be created.
- Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
- PR Review
- Review issues:
- PR review coordinator for next time:
- Problems installing 'clamav' gem with ClamAV 0.101.1 – cf. https://github.com/eagleas/clamav/issues/11
UNC and Duke both experienced issue. When added gem to hyrax and tried to bundle install, failed with error message as per issue.
Tom: wants people to be aware that there is an abstract interface in Hyrax for creating new virus scanner. You can swap out for clamav. Has also seen false negatives or positives with clamav if not configured properly that happen silently (couldn’t remember which way it was)
Jennifer : It looked to me that some of the clamav option names had been changed in the main project, but the gem has not been updated to reflect these changes.
Jim: Clamav has not been updated in about 7 years, little optimism that it will be. Duke intends to do a custom virus scanner as Tom described. Suggested that hyrax documentation be updated to point this out.
Tom would like to get a different virus scanner implementation into Hyrax. Jim agreed. Tom would like someone to open a ticket and hopefully find someone to take the work on. Jim will open issue.
- Rails + sqlite3 revisited (https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/issues/3536) (Chris Colvard)
Chris Colvard: Put on agenda because discussed in last call and right after last call, engine_cart released that fixed problem. Chris mentioned becuse someone stuck in local environment becuase unaware that needed to up0date engine_cart. Our environment still refers to old version. Where all does this need to be fixed, and how do we fix them all so people don’t hit walls? Template & gem_specs… is that all?
That’s all Tom is aware of. Chris will take a pass at making the changes.
- Reminder Samvera Virtual Connect submissions due Friday