How to connect: https://psu.zoom.us/j/613720745 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)
Click to view telephone/H.323/SIP connection instructions
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
220.127.116.11 (US West)
18.104.22.168 (US East)
22.214.171.124 (Hong Kong)
Time: 9:00am PST / Noon EST
Moderator: Carolyn Cole (not present... LaRita filled in)
Notetaker: LaRita Robinson
Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Remind everyone to sign in on agenda.
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Call for new agenda items (moderator)
- Promoting Hyku out of labs (criteria summary) - Julie Allinson
- Terminology change for Dashboard → Collections/Works Visibility column (issue TBA) Lynette Rayle
- Basic suggestion:
- Column name: Collection/Work Discoverable by...
- Badge labels: All Users (instead of Public), Users with Access (instead of Private), Institution Users (instead of Institution)
- Moderator & notetaker for next time
- Moderator: Julie Allinson
- Notetaker: Bess Sadler
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2018-xx-xx"
- Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
- Popup will open for location. It should contain:
- Space: Samvera
- Parent page: 2018
- Select copy. New page should be created.
- Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
- PR Review
- Review issues:
- PR review coordinator for next time:
- Julie will present on Hyku at a later date when more are present.
- Lynette raised the issue of the confusion regarding the "visibility" term on the dashboard and what it means. People looking at a page were not sure whether it had to do with the visibility of the collection or admin set itself, or the works in that collection. Proposal to change the column names to "Collection discoverable by" or "Work discoverable by", as well as renaming the badge labels (all users, users with access, and institution users), and ensuring that all are added to the translation file so they can be customized.
- Julie preferred "Collection visible to" as the title terminology, as people are used to the visibility term. Affirmed adding badges to translation, but preferred keeping the labels as is as the new suggestions are also unclear. letting individual institutions change as needed seems better.
- Lynette noted that badge labels were suggested to keep them short.
- LaRita noted that clarification of this issue is in the works on the documentation site (samvera.github.io)
- Agreement to add all of these to the translations as suggested, but keep badge labels as they are.