How to connect: https://psu.zoom.us/j/613720745 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
184.108.40.206 (US West)
220.127.116.11 (US East)
18.104.22.168 (Hong Kong)
Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT
Moderator: Gordon Leacock
Notetaker: James R. Griffin III
- Gordon Leacock University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Frederick Rodriguez Yale University Library Systems
- Collin Brittle (Emory)
- Thomas Scherz (Cincinnati)
- Chris Colvard (Indiana University)
- Lynette Rayle (Cornell)
- Brian McBride (University of Utah)
- Andrew Myers (WGBH)
- Bess Sadler (Data Curation Experts)
- Tom Johnson
Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Remind everyone to sign in on agenda.
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Call for new agenda items (moderator)
- Updates on the Hyrax 3.0 Release (Tom Johnson)
- Hyrax/Valkyrie Information Gathering (Andrew Myers)
- Moderator & notetaker for next time
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2018-xx-xx"
- Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
- Popup will open for location. It should contain:
- Space: Samvera
- Parent page: 2018
- Select copy. New page should be created.
- Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
- PR Review Session (Julie Allinson )
- Review PRs deemed priority from any Samvera project.
- Review Hyrax PRs, sorted by 'Least recently updated' and filter out any that don't need to be considered.
- Next Facilitator: YOUR NAME HERE
Updates on the Hyrax 3.0 Release (Tom Johnson)
- Not much has changed since the report during the tech. call held last week
- Hyrax Working Group is currently sprinting...and some work gotten merged since addressing IIIF-compliant viewer updates
- There is an expectation or hope is that a beta will be ready by the end of the sprint
- That might be ambitious, as all want to get support for Blacklight 7.0.0 integrated into the beta release
- However, there is no BL7 release yet…
- Hence, the hope is to get a beta release out by the end of the year
- Questions Regarding the IIIF Updates for Hyrax
- Hyrax needed to update the Universal Viewer
- There were several reasons for this:
- There is a security issue in the version which ships with Hyrax by default
- There is some interest in getting versions of UV in with support for newer IIIF Presentation APIs
- It must be noted that Chris Colvard pushed an abstraction which permits one to replace UV with other viewers
Hyrax/Valkyrie Information Gathering (Andrew Myers)
- During Samvera Connect, it was decided that, before there could be any work to integrated support for Valkyrie in Hyrax, there must first be some discussions around requirements
- There was a channel created on Slack (#hyrax-valkyrie)
- There was also a survey for Valkyrie on Hyrax issued
- This is a Google Doc for survey question ideas
- It is used right now for data gathering, identifying which version of Hyrax one is using, what are the plans to upgrade Hyrax...
- The goals should be to elicit the pain points of this Valkyrie/Hyrax integration
- Who has good ways of asking this question?
- Lynette Rayle:
- Requesting similar feedback, looking to ensure that the wording and order of the questions on the survey make sense
Hyrax Pull Request Review
As Julie Allinson could not attend this call, Andrew Myers volunteered to lead the Hyrax PR review session following this meeting
- We made it through all open PRs. See this list for all that were merged!
- Considered making a project board, or maybe using labels, to mark PRs that have been addressed, but we are "letting it ride".
- Decided that we should:
- Start by looking at priority PRs, if any.
- Sort Hyrax PRs by 'least recently updated', and filter out any that don't need
- Adding the above steps as standing agenda items to be copied forward henceforth.
Call was concluded at 12:12 EDT
Review session concluded at 1:00 EDT