Meeting ID: 613 720 745
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
18.104.22.168 (US West)
22.214.171.124 (US East)
126.96.36.199 (Hong Kong)
Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT
Moderator: James R. Griffin III
Notetaker: Phil Suda
- Collin Brittle(Emory)
- LaRita Robinson (Notre Dame)
- Jim Coble (Duke)
- Chris Colvard (Indiana University)
- Brian McBride (University of Utah)
- Jennifer Lindner (DCE)
- Tom Johnson (Data Curation Experts)
- Andrew Myers (WGBH)
- Kevin Musiorski (Art Institute of Chicago)
- Steven Ng (Temple University)
Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Call for new agenda items (moderator)
- Backports for fixes related to Hyrax security vulnerabilities (Tom Johnson)
- Are we currently maintaining Hyrax 1.1.x? 1.0.x?
- Reminder: Samvera permissions working group report back (LaRita Robinson)
- Webinar coming up 9/21/18 at 2pm EDT
- Details and calendar invite posted on samvera-tech https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/samvera-tech/IOdnD4ek5BY
- QA gem release broke master build on Hyrax
- add agenda item here
- Notetaker and moderator for next time
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2018-xx-xx"
- Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
- Popup will open for location. It should contain:
- Space: Samvera
- Parent page: 2018
- Select copy. New page should be created.
- Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
Backport Fix Updates:
- 2.2.2. release addressed some security/vulnerabilities.
- Question from Tom Johnson: how do we want to manage security/vulnerability support for Hyrax releases?
- Proposal: support security for the last/previous major release (they would get the security fixes)
- Because of the number of releases currently, it would be good to start with 1.1.x and move forward from there (this will involve accepting new features)
- The exception would be 2.0 to 2.x
- Tom Johnson will write up the proposal and move forward
Samvera Permissions Working Group:
- Reminder by LaRita Robinson about the webinar and purpose of the group
QA gem release broke master build on Hyrax:
- LaRita notified the group about this
- Discussed removing the release where the QA gem broke; LaRita will discuss with persons responsible for release (Lynette Rayle )
LaRita will be notetaker and Phil Suda will moderate at next Tech Call