How to connect: https://psu.zoom.us/j/613720745 (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available: https://psu.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=UZ_PRwQ56TNX1pDIsdDInAu8XPVqzlX3
Meeting ID: 613 720 745
184.108.40.206 (US West)
220.127.116.11 (US East)
18.104.22.168 (Hong Kong)
Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT
Moderator: LaRita Robinson
Notetaker: Chris Diaz (Northwestern)
- Tom Johnson (DCE)
- Chris Colvard (Indiana University)
- Andrew Myers WGBH
- Jason CorumWGBH
- James R. Griffin III (Princeton University Library)
- Collin Brittle (Emory)
- Trey Pendragon (Princeton)
- Jon Cameron (Indiana University)
- Lynette Rayle (Cornell)
Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)
folks outside North and South America
folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call
- Welcome all newcomers!
- Agenda (moderator)
- Call for new agenda items (moderator)
- The future of OM (carried forward from previous call) Tom Johnson
- Fixing the Hyrax Build Tom Johnson
- Rearranging Hyrax views Tom Johnson
- Potential for orphaned content when moving content from one view to another.
- See: https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/pull/3153
- Report on Valkyrie Community Sprint (July 30 - August 10) Trey Pendragon
- Single Values, Optimistic Locking, & Ordered Property support.
- Released 1.2.0 RC2.
- Customizing Search Builders in Hyrax Andrew Myers
- is replacing CatalogController's search builder with custom extension of ::SearchBuilder wise?
- Is having Hyrax classes extend ::SearchBuilder a good pattern?
- Notetaker and moderator for next time
- After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call:
Open template agenda titled "Samvera Tech Call 2018-xx-xx"
- Click on ... in the top right corner, and select copy.
- Popup will open for location. It should contain:
- Space: Samvera
- Parent page: 2018
- Select copy. New page should be created.
- Modify the title to remove "copy of", update it with the next date, add moderator, notetaker, and any carry-over agenda info. Click Publish.
- OM is a current dependency for Samvera gems. John Cameron (OM PO) is looking for feedback from OM users on what the needs are for maintaining OM, or if it ought to be deprecated. It is a core component; however there might be a broader discussion about considering a replacement. Until then, issues will be dealt with. PO will investigate active users of OM to assess the level of interest in active maintenance.
- Hyrax build has become increasingly unstable. Keeping the build green is a high priority for the Hyrax Working Group in order to continue to merge PRs. Part of the flakiness is likely due to TravisCI networking issues. Should we investigate alternative CI options? The networking issues have been traced to `sudo: required` so we might consider changing that to `sudo: false` to avoid the intermittent failures as a stop-gap measures.
- PR #3153 reorganizes Hyrax views – it may be desirable to move the License metadata field to another View partial. There are concerns about implications for downstream apps. This change might warrant a major release (3.0); it is effectively an API change. Recommendation is to delay the merging of this PR until a major release.
- Valkyrie completed a community sprint, released 1.2, includes three new features. What is the status of Valkyrie with Hyrax? The WIP PR for Valkyrie is hundreds of commits behind master, and there is no specific plan to pick that branch back up. The plan is to have a message for early Valkyrie adopters with Hyrax by Samvera Connect.
- The documented way to limit the number of work types is to customize the search builder; however, this doesn't work very well. An alternative is to create a custom search builder, but this might have breaking implications elsewhere in the app. What is the best way to handle this? Discussion will carry over into the PR review and slack discussion.