Child pages
  • Samvera Tech Call 2018-07-18
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to connect: (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)

 Click to view telephone/H.323/SIP connection instructions


Meeting ID: 613 720 745

+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available:


Meeting ID: 613 720 745 (US West) (US East) (China) (India) (EMEA) (Australia) (Hong Kong) (Brazil) (Canada)


Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT

Moderator: Kevin Musiorski

Notetaker:  Jim Coble



  1. Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)

    1. folks outside North and South America

    2. Eastern timezone

    3. Central timezone

    4. Mountain timezone

    5. Pacific timezone

    6. folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call

    7. Welcome all newcomers!
  2. Agenda (moderator)
    1. Call for new agenda items (moderator)
    2. The future of OM (Tom Johnson)
    3. Hyrax WG Update (Tom Johnson & Steve Van Tuyl)
      1. Sprinting now!
      2. Expect a release this week
    4. Heading toward Questioning Authority release (Lynette Rayle)
      1. QA dependency vulnerability - PR #167 
      2. 3 other PRs to consider for inclusion -
  3. Notetaker and moderator for next time
    1. Notes:
    2. Moderate:
  4. After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call.


2b. The future of OM (Tom Johnson)

  • Initially, no one stepped forward to serve as Product Owner for OM (Opinionated Metadata –  A proposal was made to deprecate it.  However, it is dependency for hydra-works and thus for Hyrax.
  • There is a Product Owner for OM (Jon Cameron).  Should we continue to move toward deprecation or find a way to drum up maintenance energy for it?
  • There is a pull request for hydra-works to remove the OM dependency – .  Should this move forward?
  • Do we know how much OM is still used in the wild?
  • Next steps
    • Find a viable alternative to OM.
    • Have someone try out the alternative in an app in uses OM.
    • Document the migration path from OM to the alternative.
  • Will keep on agenda for next time.
  • Chris Colvard will talk to Jon Cameron (the OM Product Owner) about this.

2c.  Hyrax Working Group update (steve and Tom)

  • Hyrax Working Group is group of developers working on maintenance and features for Hyrax.  In their first sprint.  Expect to make a release at the end of the week.
  • Current sprint has been mostly open-ended.  Next sprint will focus on accessibility issues.
  • Slack channel for the working group: #hyrax-wg .

2d. Heading toward Questioning Authority release (Lynette Rayle)

3.  Next time:

  • No labels