This wiki space is archived.

The active wiki for the Samvera Community can be found here:

Child pages
  • Samvera Tech Call 2018-01-10

This wiki space is archived. The active wiki for the Samvera Community can be found here:

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to connect: (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)


Meeting ID: 613 720 745

+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available:


Meeting ID: 613 720 745 (US West) (US East) (China) (India) (EMEA) (Australia) (Hong Kong) (Brazil) (Canada)


Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT

Moderator: Jennifer Lindner

Notetaker: Julie Allinson



  1. Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)

    1. folks outside North and South America

    2. Eastern timezone

    3. Central timezone

    4. Mountain timezone

    5. Pacific timezone

    6. folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call

    7. Welcome all newcomers!
  2. Agenda (moderator)
    1. Call for new agenda items (moderator)
    2. Valkyrie PR reviews – don't let them wither: Trey has volunteered to take care of these in the next week
      1. Persistence tracking:
      2. Versioning API:
    3. Collection Extensions merge plan (Lynette Rayle)
      1. PR review -
      2. Release Migration Notes:
    4. add agenda item here
  3. Notetaker and moderator for next time
    1. Notes:
    2. Moderate:
  4. After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call.


2c. Collections Extensions

Current status: close to being merged to master, 6/7 critical issues to do this week. On track.

Current plan:

  • Friday 12th: merge to master
  • Monday 15th: QA team testing on Nurax; call for community review
  • Monday 22nd: finalise merge

Discussion of timescale for 2.1 release. Issues with code highlighted by Justin need looking at, alongside anything that comes out of QA testing.

Proposal to cut the 2.1 release with current feature additions (particularly UV) if Collections Extensions merge work gets delayed, and then have Collections Extensions as 2.2. DCE (Mark) stressed importance of UV coming sooner rather than being delayed.

ACTION - Jen to contact Lynette re problems with the UV implementation and CE conflicting in UI

Discussion highlighted that we don't have a properly documented process for test and release. Clear that there are different elements for testing: regression testing, code coverage, UAT for new features. Further discussion of this will happen.

ACTION - more testing on CE

ACTION - try to get 2.1 out sooner if CE gets delayed

ACTION - further discussion of testing process

  • No labels