Child pages
  • Samvera Tech Call 2017-12-20
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to connect: (link will launch Zoom client – if you do not have Zoom, expand the instructions below)

 Click to view telephone/H.323/SIP connection instructions


Meeting ID: 613 720 745

+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
International numbers available:


Meeting ID: 613 720 745 (US West) (US East) (China) (India) (EMEA) (Australia) (Hong Kong) (Brazil) (Canada)


Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT

Moderator: steve van tuyl

Notetaker: LaRita Robinson



  1. Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)

    1. folks outside North and South America

    2. Eastern timezone

    3. Central timezone

    4. Mountain timezone

    5. Pacific timezone

    6. folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call

    7. Welcome all newcomers!
  2. Agenda (moderator)
    1. Call for new agenda items (moderator)
    2. When should the next Tech Call be?
      1. steve van tuyl proposes January 3, 2018
    3. (Esmé)
      1. Recently published so it could be used by Hyrax
      2. Interest in moving to samvera or samvera-labs Github orgs?
    4. Streaming support for Rails 5.1 (Justin Coyne)
      1. Nurax issue:
      2. Possible fix:
      3. Reason that we missed this:
    5. Valkyrie PRs
    6. add agenda item here
  3. Notetaker and moderator for next time
    1. Notes: Julie Allinson
    2. Moderate: Jennifer Lindner
  4. After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call.


  1. The next tech call will be Jan 3, 2018. 
    • (Stanford team will not be available, Notre Dame will likely also not be represented.)
  2. Regarding Princeton's gem for embedding the universal IIIF viewer
    • Esmé called attention to Princeton's gem for embedding the universal IIIF viewer. He was asked to make a release of it so Hyrax could use it, and this has been done. He questioned whether others will use it, and if any Princeton specific aspects should be removed and move it under the Samvera umbrella.
    •  Mike reported that Hyrax is now using it and this will be part of the next release. He supports it being submitted to Samvera per the software license acceptance procedure.
    • Esmé will look at the license procedure and get this underway sometime in January.
  3. Streaming support for Rails 5.1 (Justin Coyne)
    1. Justin reported that we weren't testing rails 5.1 in hydra-head, and when that was added it broke everything related to streaming media. Julie found the same problem in Nurax. Justin is looking for action on the issues:
      1. Nurax issue:
      2. Possible fix:
      3. Reason that we missed this:
    2. Jen Lindner will bring this to the attention of people supporting Nurax
    3. Jen will look at the PR, and Justin will ping Steve and/or Mike if more eyes are needed on it.
  4. Valkyrie PRs
    1. Issue needs review, regarding the assignment of an ID to a record not meaning it's persisted. Justin is looking for someone who may have worked on Valkyrie. Trey is off this week, but may look at it next week if it isn't done before then. 
    2. Will try to get something going before then by posting in the Valkyrie channel.
    3. Let Justin know if you can take a look at any of the PR's

  • No labels