Child pages
  • Samvera Tech Call 2017-10-04
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time: 9:00am PDT / Noon EDT

Call-In Info: 1-641-715-3660, access code 651025

Moderator: Steven Ng

Notetaker: steve van tuyl

Attendees:

Agenda

  1. Roll call by timezone per following order - ensure notetaker is present (moderator)

    1. folks outside North and South America

    2. Eastern timezone

    3. Central timezone

    4. Mountain timezone

    5. Pacific timezone

    6. folks who were missed or who dialed in during roll call

    7. Welcome all newcomers!
  2. Agenda (moderator)
    1. Call for new agenda items (moderator)
      1. nope
    2. Discuss what should be the next step regarding Notre Dame's permissions work? (LaRita Robinson)
      1. ND has done some prior work that has been discussed here and elsewhere on making changes/improvements to permissions in hyrax
        1. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rUu1uBjAnNtGSIprQeEYkVLNFb6j5ioWJ7xNovE36Ns/edit?usp=sharing
      2. What should the next steps be?
        1. ND's proposal:
          1. Do something outside of Hyrax as a proof of concept
          2. Present to the community and then merge into hyrax if it all works out
      3. Question: can we get examples of what this would look like, how abilities would change, how we specify and query them? a few simple examples will help illustrate.
        1. ND has done some work to build out some simple examples but they haven't been put together for sharing yet - probably in the next few weeks
      4. Question: would meeting and discussing this at Connect be an opportunity to flesh out more details and discuss next steps
      5. Comment: Maybe putting together a high level or rough API might help us understand what ND is going for
      6. Sounds like ND will create an unconference session at Connect to discuss further
    3. Reminder: Hyrax/CC/Sufia usage survey closes on Friday: https://goo.gl/forms/MU0AR9JRCDeVRLA93
      1. What is this?! for the past few years Michael J. Giarlo sends this survey out and they have been very useful over the past few years to help understand what the community wants from these solution bundles.
      2. please fill out the survey if you haven't
      3. Survey closes on Friday at the end of the day on the west coast
    4. Register for Connect ASAP - registrations are LOW so if you are waiting until the last minute to register (and book your room), now is the last minute. 
      1. Need Roomates? Bess Sadler set up a google doc to help folks find roomates and this is posted over on -tech and -community (question)
    5. Hyrax 2.0.0 release update
      1. 4 betas of 2.0.0 moving towards an RC
      2. Close to 2.0.0.rc1
      3. Repo managers group have been doing testing on vanilla hyrax using a new testing process
      4. Quite a few bugs emerged, but only about 10 were considered blockers
        1. one fixed
        2. one in progress
        3. one is gonna get picked up by someone
        4. seven unclaimed blockers for rc1 - can we get some time from folks to knock out a few of these
      5. Here are the blockers: https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A2.0.0
    6. Alternative dial in for this meeting to avoid choppy audio.
      1. last few weeks the audio has been bad
      2. what other options do we have?
      3. some other community calls have switched to Zoom and maybe that's an option
      4. Penn State has a subscription and may be able to provide a call-in space
        1. Adam Wead will ask the locals if we can use PSU Zoom and get back to us
  3. Notetaker and moderator for next time
    1. Notes: James R. Griffin III
    2. Moderator: Jim Coble
  4. After call, this week's notetaker should create the agenda for the next call.

Notes


  • No labels