Child pages
  • Samvera Partner Call - March 9, 2018
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Samvera Partners Call (March 2018)
Friday, March 9, 2018
11:30 am  |  Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-05:00)  |  1 hr 



Meeting number: 737 192 431 
Meeting password:h9cwrT45


Join from a video conferencing system or application
Dial  738605799@tufts.webex.com


Join by phone
+1-617-627-6767 US Toll
Access code: 737 192 431 

Code of Conduct

We want Samvera Community to be a fun, informative, engaging event for all our partners and participants. We've got a few strategies to help make this happen:

    1. We encourage everyone to apply the Samvera community principles of openness, inquiry, and respect in their interactions at the event.

    2. We have officially adopted an Anti-Harassment Policy.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to community helpers 

Facilitator: Ryan Steans (Avalon)
Notetaker:  Andrew Rouner (WUSTL)

Attendees:  (please enter your own name below)

Event Recording:



Agenda:

  1. Amend and approve this agenda
    approved

  2. Brian McBride discussion regarding "Lunch on Friday" for people attending Utah Samvera Connect
    One question is: with lunch provided Wed & Thurs; should we also provide lunch Friday, and should we price this in (to the ticket), given 
    What is the landscape there–restaurants and dining facilities?
    The student union will be open; about a five minute walk.
    Will ask about food trucks coming.
    Restaurants about 15 minutes walking, but walking back up hill to library may be a bit of a climb for some.
    (which is why we're considering catering)
    At partners meeting in Fall, meeting broke for lunch–one opinion for not needing to cater, +1; 
    +1 and wonders if in registration form could have indicate registrant indicate how many days they plan to attend (so we can better plan various things)
    Consensus: might make sense not to have lunch but Brian will still explore what the cost might be etc.

  3. Samver Partner Meeting Agenda for Stanford/ March 2018  – Rosalyn Metz
    1. March 2018 Samvera Partner Meeting Agenda
      re; upcoming partner meeting: wondering if there will be a call-in opportunity? Yes–people have indicated they would like that option but we have to confirm it works in room where it's planned
      a few agenda items 
      request for update from components maintenance WG
      request for Virtual Samvera meeting
      Samvera governance resource; funding
      should these be discussed as part of governance > Richard:
      in terms of planning for year ahead, we need to agree with community/partners about technical manager position, with implications for funding
      resourcing: Duraspace 1 FTE = $180K-$210K/ year; a tall order; what other things do  we need to do i.e. documentation?
      conclusion: resourcing/funding discussion should follow governance discussion
      > Franny: re: attending virtually, we wanted to do another WebEx meeting to be more transparent
      concern: if we don't have a phone for the whole connect, do we need recording?
      governance and planning most pressing topics; Tufts also votes for audio for governance portion
      this is in the event (there isn't a phone available in scheduled room)
      back to resourcing: is this more related to technology planning; so put it closer in the agenda?
      cf bottom of agenda comment: asking about dev congress at same time @ Stanford to talk together about components (see below)

  1. Samvera Partner meeting and Connect conference -  fall 2018 - follow up from last time

    1. Richard Green recap: 

      1. Partner meeting on Monday before Connect (8th October)
        1. possibility of audio dial-in
          following last partner call; partner meeting will be Monday 10/8/2018
          investigating audio call-in for
          workshops on Tuesday
          conference all day Wed and Thurs
          working groups Friday

      2. Connect workshops Tuesday 9th October, conference Wednesday morning to Friday lunchtime
        1. space available on Friday afternoon and at other times during the week for small groups who want it.

        2. Still looking for additional volunteers on Program Committee - contact Andrew Rouner  (arouner@wustl.edu) Thank you!

  2. Governance Working Group (Ryan Steans, Mark Bussey) – Carolyn Caizzi (Northwestern) & Rosalyn Metz will add

    Wiki page with charter, notes from each meeting, etc.

    1. Feedback by March 7th

    2. Revised Doc by March 19th
    3. Voting on April 2 - voting mechanism

  3. Announcements, any other New or Old Business

  4. Choose moderator/notetaker for next meeting 5/13
    Nabeela will facilitate
    Maria will take notes
  5. Adjourn




  • No labels

1 Comment

  1. Apologies that I will miss this call.  Glen Horton from University of Cincinnati plans to attend in my stead. 

    In regard to the March Partner Meeting Agenda, I'd like to suggest a joint session with the Dev Congress to hear and discuss the proposals from the Components Maintenance Working Group re product owners and release management.  I think that improving "code governance" was part of our motivation to travel down the governance path, and the Governance Working Group is, I think, incorporating the ideas of the Components Maintenance Working Group into their recommendations.  A joint session at the Partner Meeting with those attending the Dev Congress could allow us to bring the community together to discuss this area where the proposals of the two working groups intersect?