Child pages
  • Metadata Call 2020-05-26
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time: 3:00-4:00pm Eastern

Call-in Infohttps://unc.zoom.us/j/211033358?pwd=WERUdnBWeHRqRVBRMmlOVWU3SlN0QT09

Moderator(s): Nora Egloff Anna Goslen

Notetaker: Anna Goslen

Community Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IyhYWyRpcmv8ej5tnXppEvKACt17f1LTABX75IcLdlc/edit?usp=sharing


Attendees:

  • Julie Hardesty (Indiana University)
  • Nora Egloff (Lafayette College)
  • Anna Goslen (UNC-Chapel Hill)
  • Annamarie Klose (Ohio State University)
  • Meredith Hale (University of Tennessee, Knoxville)
  • Cara Key (Oregon State University)
  • Ryan Wick (Oregon State University)
  • Sarah Seymore (University of Oregon)


Agenda:

  • Subgroup Reports
    • URI Selection Working Group
      • No updates. Ryan and Julie will talk about the Samvera community vocabulary manager.
    • Geo Predicates Working Group
      • No one from WG on call.
    • Controlled Vocabularies Decision Tree Working Group
      • Julie: Working on a decision tree document now. Got some levels defined of increasing complexity. Understanding what you have available with your software, how to replace, customizing/creating vocabulary for a specific use case. Talking about what you can do in Hyrax & Hyku as a specific use case.
    • Hyrax Metadata Application Profile Documentation Review Working Group
      • Created Hyrax 3.0 new metadata application profile in a Google sheet. Expanded information from what is available on knowledge base. Ordering now matches form. Waiting on stable release of v3 to make the update live.
  • Roadmap Council Update
    • No update
  • Issues/Questions
    • Discuss alternative title confusion: https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/issues/4318
      • Not sure if dct:alternative property connected to alternative title hidden form field. Form field is there to manage multiple titles (after change to single value?)
      • How to deal with different language translations of the same primary title? Hyrax doesn’t currently support language tagging
      • Alternative title should appear on form instead of being hidden, should allow multiple values. This should be the priority in the near term.
      • We will keep an eye on this issue and see if questions get answered. Revisit at next meeting.
    • Discuss out-of-the-box CC licenses in Hyrax: https://github.com/samvera/hyrax/issues/810
      • Need to have backwards compatibility for CC 3.0 licenses
      • Need to add 4.0 licenses to the drop-down options
      • Mark the 3.0 licenses as active: false. This means you can’t select them in the form but they are still valid for legacy content.
      • Best place to bring this up? Hyrax IG - next meeting is June 9. Julie can ask.
  • Topics
    • Virtual Connect discussion/retrospective 


Next Call :  June 23, 2020, 3-4pm Eastern

  • No labels