Child pages
  • March 13, 2020
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Samvera Partners Call
Friday, March 13th, 2020
11:30 am  |  Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-05:00)  |  1 hr 



Meeting number: 737 192 431 
Meeting password:h9cwrT45


Join from a video conferencing system or application
Dial  738605799@tufts.webex.com


Join by phone
+1-617-627-6767 US Toll
Access code: 737 192 431 

Code of Conduct

We want Samvera Community to be a fun, informative, engaging event for all our partners and participants. We've got a few strategies to help make this happen:

    1. We encourage everyone to apply the Samvera community principles of openness, inquiry, and respect in their interactions at the event.

    2. We have officially adopted an Anti-Harassment Policy.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to community helpers 

Date


Facilitator: Richard Green

Note Taker: Dan Coughlin

Attendees



Discussion items

  • Additions to today's agenda
  • Next call
    • Friday 10th April (Good Friday)? - we will continue to have the meeting on this day despite
    • Facilitator: Richard Green
    • Note taker: Esmé Cowles
  • Lisa McAulay from UCLA will join us to talk about the new UCLA Digital Collections site and to explain how it fits into their coming new repository and digital publishing structure.
    • Richard was unable to get in touch with Lisa this week, we will hope to get this perhaps in the next meeting.
  • The face-to-face Partner Meeting scheduled for 27-28 April in Atlanta is cancelled due to the COVID-19 situation.  Arrangements are being made to replace it with one or two on-line sessions in the same time blocks.  Should this be a single four-hour (ish) call or two hours on each of the two days? See draft (but unordered) agenda here.
    • Steering suggested a compressed agenda, so they are looking to do a compressed partner meeting.
    • Likely based on this agenda will be about 3.5 hour agenda so perhaps a morning session
    • Discussion on this: should it be 1- 4 hour meeting or 2- 2 hour meetings
  • FYI:  Open Repositories 2020 postponed for one year - now 5/31 -6/3/2021 in Stellenbosch
    • There may be a virtual set up for sessions that are more time sensitive, that has not been determined at this point.
  • Save the dates - Samvera Virtual Connect 2020 - May 14-15. RFP due 4/17/2020.
    • This will likely be two half days, a bit of a later morning start (by Central Time)
  • Update on Community Manager hiring process
    • Trying to move forward to making a post for a community manager position for 2 years
    • Posting Community Manager position via a partner, most likely Emory would be the employer of the position with funding coming through Samvera via Lyrasis. Continuing to work through these details before announcing the position.
    • We will then share the Job Description once written up for feedback.
  • Grant support guidelines
    • Simeon Warner has created a set of guidelines so that a grant can be given an official Samvera endorsement. These guidelines are available on the wiki
      Obtaining Samvera Support for Grant Proposals
    • Roadmap council is working to find people that are early in the grant process to identify work that is anticipated to be done and try to reduce duplicate efforts and create alignment where possible.
  • Annual Report 2019 - appeal for photos from Connect 2019 and other events last year
    • Richard is looking for photos to be able to add some color to the report, they can be general (example, folks posted pics of sunsets in Salt Lake from 2018)
  • Ideas for a short presentation (preferably about something innovative) on April's call? 
    • Please email Richard with ideas so he can set those up for the future
  • Anything to bring to Steering's attention? (Standing item)
    • Not sure on our deal with Circle-CI licensing and looking for clarification prior to our next big developer event.
    • Steering may need more details on what the proposal/cost would be to get a more expensive license to improve our CI time. Esmé will try to get any additional details from Tom
  • Add additional items here
    • Welcome Abigail Bordeaux as new member from Wash U!


  • No labels