Child pages
  • MODS and RDF Call 2017-07-10
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Time: 9am PDT / Noon EDT

Call-In Info: 712-775-7035 (Access Code: 960009)

Homework: White paper comments and Collaboration document spreadsheet clean-up 

ModeratorJulie Hardesty

Primary Notetaker: Eben English (Etherpad link:



  1. White paper:
    1. Some edits have been made by Emily Porter
    2. Will leave open for comment until we have final recommendations available
    3. Group members are welcome to edit the document directly.

  2. Collaboration Documents spreadsheet review and clean-up: - Items listed as "Draft" or "Draft; under review":
    1. relatedItem
      1. Still not ready to review?
      2. Use cases for collection title and series title covered
        1. Eben will review existing documentation
      3. Still need documentation for:
        1. journal title (item is article)
        2. conf. proceedings (item is paper)
        3. book title (item is chapter)
        4. conference (item is presentation slides, video, poster, etc.)
      4. Institutions should add more use cases to: MODS Individual Mappings for Other Related Item Cases
      5. We will review and discuss at next meeting

    2. physicalLocation - Eben working on it (2017-06-12 meeting notes)
      1. move sublocation data to bf:physicalLocation
      2. use modsrdf:locationShelfLocator for shelfMark
      3. Eben will update collab doc and mark as "reviewed"

    3. titleInfo - Julie working on it, one question in spreadsheet (keep skosxl:prefLabel?), one question in collaboration doc (uniform title for Bible in Complex)
      1. only use skosxl:prefLabel when more than one title is used
        1. Should we be using skosxl:literalForm for string value? (
      2. change skos:prefLabel to rdfs:label
        1. only use skos:prefLabel when more than one label is present
      3. uniform titles
        1. change this example to make it modeled like the others
        2. use skos:relatedMatch to link to uniform title URI from LoC ("used to state an associative mapping link between two concepts")
      4. Julie will make changes, we will review again at next meeting

    4. name
      1. Review at next meeting

    5. typeOfResource - done

    6. subject
      1. Review at next meeting

    7. identifier - under review?
      1. Basically done.
      2. Still need predicate for accessionNumber and invalid/former accessionNumber
        1. VRA had this before, but doesn't seem to be in latest version (

  3. Next meeting: Monday 7/24 at 1 PM EST
    1. Eben will facilitate

  • No labels