|Samvera Partners Call|
|Friday, June 14, 2019|
|11:30 am | Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-05:00) | 1 hr|
|Meeting number:||737 192 431|
|Join from a video conferencing system or application|
|Join by phone|
|+1-617-627-6767 US Toll|
|Access code: 737 192 431|
Code of Conduct
We want Samvera Community to be a fun, informative, engaging event for all our partners and participants. We've got a few strategies to help make this happen:
We encourage everyone to apply the Samvera community principles of openness, inquiry, and respect in their interactions at the event.
We have officially adopted an Anti-Harassment Policy.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to community helpers .
Facilitator: Richard Green
Note Taker: Glen Horton
- Richard Green
- Glen Horton
- Brian McBride
- Carolyn Caizzi
- mike korcynski
- Stuart Kenny
- Christopher Awre
- Margaret Mellinger
- John Weise
- Nora Egloff
- Tim Marconi
- Esmé Cowles
- Additions to today's agenda
- Next meeting - facilitator, note taker
- Samvera Steering Group elections
- Partner Meeting 10/21/2019 at WashU. Need to identify organizers soon. There will likely be a parallel developers meeting.
- Any matters to/from Steering
- add items here!
Next meeting - facilitator, note taker
- facilitator: Carolyn Caizzi
- note taker: No volunteers. Carolyn will seek out a note taker
Samvera Steering Group elections
- The candidates are
- Hannah Frost (Stanford University)
- Tim Marconi (University of California, San Diego)
- Simeon Warner (Cornell University)
- On Monday, an email will be sent by Election Buddy to each partner's representative. It will include a one-time-use link. Richard will be able to see who has and has not voted, but will not be able to see how each person voted.
- The election will close on July 1, with announcement of winners on July 2 or 3
Partner Meeting 10/21/2019 at WashU.
- The meeting will be on Monday the 21st
- There will likely be a parallel developers meeting.
- We need to identify people to help organize the meeting.
- Brian McBride volunteered to help organize. He will seek out a second person to help organize the meeting.
Update on the visioning exercise (Carolyn)
- Carolyn, Hannah, and Ryan will look over all of the groups' responses and will try to identify any consensus or divides in the content.
- They will present their report at the august partners call
- Send any questions to Carolyn
- Chris offered the Marketing WG's help when the time is appropriate
Overview/recap of Open Repositories (Chris)
- There was less emphasis on individual solutions this time
- People from around the world where present and talking about things they've done instead of just being there to learn.
- Some attendees had chosen to build their own solutions from scratch
- Three trends noted by Chris:
- Focus on making the whole process user centered
- Open access is still a trend. Repositories play a vital role in supporting open access
- Research data and what it means to manage research data.
- There was a samvera table. lots of participation
- Samvera hex stickers were very popular.
Any matters to/from Steering
- Nothing for steering to share to partners this time
- Nothing to share with steering