Child pages
  • Hyrax Interest Group Meeting 06-09-2020
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting link: https://iu.zoom.us/j/94332805580


Attendees: Collin Brittle , Jessica Hilt , Tom Johnson , Chris Colvard , Maria Whitaker , Julie Hardesty , Doug Boyer, Julie Winchester , Lynette Rayle , Rob Kaufman , Moira Downey , Brian McBride


Agenda and Notes:

Time

Item 

Who

Notes


Tech lead update

Tom Johnson

WG sprint started on Monday; 1 blocking issue for 3.0 release connected to alternative title vs title overflow for extra titles; making forms and actor stack replacement work for Valkyrie models along with other Wings work that will be talked about next



WIngs3.0 Testing

Documentation on upgrade experience - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ytiQOQykJtGaBuWgyihF3Z2JIyhcPXg0DyxapbK3NCQ/edit

Some had to update to 2.7, then 3.0, then Wings adapter; fairly smooth to update, document leaves off at certain points for different institutions; Cornell, IU (Avalon), Michigan, and one other institution providing notes so that is a good set; Avalon focused on file set changes

PR 4359 makes some changes to transactions that might help with some of the things experienced



Duke/Morpho

Doug Boyer and Julie Winchester

Doug Boyer and Julie Winchester

MorphoSource (2013) - 3D data archive for reuse and attribution; now want ability to link to/pull records from museum databases (Yale using MS API to look for data sets related to its collections); specimen scanning is distributed and hard to track; also interest in pushing data to MS; current MS is not Hyrax, it is LAMP; Hyrax chosen for modern preservation standards and provide better service for museums, teachers, and other end users

Duke University Digital Library working on this; 3-4FT; APIs for Hyrax seen as gap in their work; talked with Deep Blue Data and IU; IMLS proposal to build token-based API for transferring binary files with user auth/access; want API to support MS needs but also core Hyrax needs - support metadata querying, use tokens to download/upload file set packages, user auth/tracking features (user token to know same user is viewing)

Tend to have large number of record types; open data contribution model; media work and specimen work added, each with metadata, event works with metadata; 3D display - UV extension in the works

Questions/issues to consider:

Tom - might have some things to help (IIIF auth might already be supported, for instance); want to know where customizations to Hyrax have not been easy to make; make sure grant includes community process to help work fit back into community/core - maybe charter a WG to help this along?

Julie W - time as part of project to make sure code is gemified and brought back to community but definitely want to engage with community

Tom - ongoing WG to engage - need to share WG/IG Framework from Samvera wiki; dev time to participate in Hyrax WG cycle (at least join calls to talk about what you are working on)

Doug - Interested in WG to get feedback from community on developing APIs 

Moira - Repo Managers IG have talked about API support so there is interest in community (Michigan and Duke, at least)

Doug - seems like 4 institutions that would be interested at this point

Tom - WG sounds like better fit than IG

Also Samvera Tech Call would be good way to stay in touch with community

Doug - Makes sense to have project devs participate in stand-ups with Hyrax WG


New IG meeting facilitator

Julie R is looking for a replacement. 

Chris - create wiki page for agenda and people can add agenda items on their own, like Tech Call

Julie H will create wiki page for next month and remind on Slack channel to add agenda items


Hyku updateRob Kaufman

Chris will fix everything!

Hyrax 3 upgrade within Hyku - not happened yet but still on list; reading others documentation is helpful




  • No labels