Tuesday October 10, 2017 - 10:00 AM Pacific Time
- Talk with Gary Geisler about comments on design mockups
- Note taker: Hui Zhang
Gary shows his mockup of the Reports and asks:
Q1: Whether table option is good enough for the 'Display' options in 'Customize Report'?
- The group agreed that a table is good enough and Gary will remove the 'Graph' option from the 'Display'.
Q2: What is the date we are looking at for collection: are we looking at the collection created, modified or still exists in that time period?
- If the collection exists in the time period selected, then it will be included in the report.
- Need a better label so that it's clear.
Q3: Where to show 'Month-by-month' total?
- Show it as a row at the bottom of the report table (sum of each column if applicable).
Q4: Other discussions of collection report:
- Activity in the collection report will include page view and downloads that come from "users" (won't distinguish between visitors and depositors in this section); inclusive of anyone who has viewed or downloaded (regardless of what type of user it was).
- The group liked the feature of faceting the report by collection.
- Sub-collection: show top five but people can use 'Expand' to see all sub-collections.
- Admin set will be synonym of Collection in the future.
- The work facets should include 'visibility' and 'access' and get rid of others.
- With collection report, when viewing the list of collections, if you want to know the status of a particular collection you can click on the linked collection title and get a collection report just on that collection.
Q5: Granularity of 'Export', where it should be applied in collection activity?
- Remove the 'Export' button on top of the mock-up, add two 'Export' options in the 'Views' and 'Downloads' sections.
Q6: How user can access the Work report?
- Put the Report button next to Analytics on the show page of the Work
Q7: What Users should include?
- Users will have some distinction between self depositors and visitor (two classes of users). Gary Geisler will try to figure out how to separate them.