Child pages
  • April 10, 2020
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Samvera Partners Call
Friday, April 10th, 2020
11:30 am  |  Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-05:00)  |  1 hr 



Meeting number: 737 192 431 
Meeting password:h9cwrT45


Join from a video conferencing system or application
Dial  738605799@tufts.webex.com


Join by phone
+1-617-627-6767 US Toll
Access code: 737 192 431 

Code of Conduct

We want Samvera Community to be a fun, informative, engaging event for all our partners and participants. We've got a few strategies to help make this happen:

    1. We encourage everyone to apply the Samvera community principles of openness, inquiry, and respect in their interactions at the event.

    2. We have officially adopted an Anti-Harassment Policy.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to community helpers 

Date


Facilitator: Richard Green

Note Taker: Esmé Cowles

Attendees





Unordered discussion items

  • Additions to today's agenda
  • Next call
    • Friday 8th May
    • Facilitator: Richard Green
    • Note taker: Michael Korcynski
  • Arrangements for Virtual Partner Meeting (April 27th & 28th)
    • Please add your name to the list if you plan to join
    • 2-hour meeting each day, starting at noon EDT (reasonable timing for West Coast - Europe)
    • Times are assigned to all agenda topics, will try to keep to those so people can drop in as needed
      • Open-ended discussion topics at the end of each day, in case they run over
    • Details for joining are in the agenda
  • Arrangements for Virtual Connect (May 14th & 15th)
    • Third committee meeting yesterday, tentative start time: 11am EDT (sorry West Coast)
      • 11:30-2pm, with 30 minute break for lunch
    • Call for proposals open now, have received a handful
    • Please submit proposals
    • Rob Kaufman: happy to be doing something that was planned to be virtual in-advance!
    • Franny: Thinking about how to differentiate between Samvera Virtual Connect and (now-virtual) Samvera Connect in the fall
  • SamveraConnect 2020
    • Program committee met this week, and agreed on organizing a virtual event of some kind
    • Will be canvasing community to get input, more info coming later in the year
    • Reach out to Richard if you have ideas
    • Robin Ruggaber and Jon Dunn: CNI is spreading a conference that is usually multi-track over several dates (two months instead of 1.5 days) to allow people to participate in more sessions. Very different format (webinar with slides shared, etc.)
    • Richard: People have stressed that we'd like to keep informal collaborations, discussions, etc.
    • Rob Kaufman: It's hard to do those virtually, but there are options for doing that
  • Fundraising 2020 - status update
    • We were ready to send out invoices to partners in May, but then Covid-19 hit, and started getting requests to start early before budget cuts may happen
    • Now getting feedback on who is able to contribute more, or who cannot contribute what they expected, or one who can't contribute at all because of a budget freeze
    • Should have invoices today for those who requested them ASAP
    • Fundraising team has met, will be monitoring fundraising, and looking for other sources of funding
      • Hopefully we can continue to hire staff as we have been planning
    • Jon Dunn: Regardless of this year's fundraising, we are in a position to hire first position (community manager) — working with Lyrasis to do that as part of renewing arrangement with Lyrasis, will be posted through Emory University
      • Have put together hiring committee to evaluate candidates and make recommendations, includes partners and steering members
  • Samvera Partner prospectus
    • The document is available from the wiki and the website - please review and feel free to share with prospective Partners
  • Scholarsphere
    • Dan Coughlin: Planning to release a new version this summer (may be delayed), will not be using ActiveFedora or Fedora, will continue to use Blacklight for frontend
  • Anything to bring to Steering's attention? (Standing item)
    • Stuart Kenny: Who to contact on contribution document (a name: can go straight to Richard)


  • No labels