Date: Tues, 02-14-2017 at 8pt/11et
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/346733833
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +14086380968,346733833# or +16465588656,346733833#
Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 346 733 833
International numbers available: https://cornell.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=SX3hC249vmy-hpWUK48UMBl0xyLhuTPF
Or an H.323/SIP room system:
126.96.36.199 (US West)
188.8.131.52 (US East)
Meeting ID: 346 733 833
Or Skype for Business (Lync):
- Lynette Rayle (Cornell)
- Aaron Collier
- Peter Binkley
- Hannah Frost
- Gary Geisler
- Nabeela Jaffer
- Linda Newman
- Requirements - Admin Sets vs. Display Sets vs. User Collections - for Definitions
- List of required mockups for Collections
- Review concept behind associated admin sets
- Define Admin Sets, Display Sets, and User Collections
- Review Requirement Comparison chart for Admin Sets vs. Display Sets vs. User Collections
- Review List of required mockups for Display Sets
Associated Admin Sets
Associating a Display Set with an Admin Set is optional.
When would you NOT need this association?
- You do not want to create works directly in a Display Set. All works will already exist before adding to a Display Set.
- You do not create any Admin Sets, such that all works are in the default Admin Set
- You do not want to use any workflow beyond the default workflow.
- You do not need any Admin Policy Objects (APOs) for controlling visibility of works
Why would you want to do this association?
- You want to create works directly in a Display Set AND...
- You would like to have one or more custom workflows
- You want to have one or more APOs
- Prep: Configure the association between a Display Set and an Admin Set
- When creating a work directly from a Display Set...
- the relationship to the Display Set is automatically set
- the relationship to the associated Admin Set is automatically set
- the workflow and APO for the Admin Set is applied to the new work
- When adding an existing work to a Display Set
- this has no impact on the membership of this work in an admin set
Want the ability to custom brand Display Sets.
Minimal Set of branding customization:
- logo - possibly multiple logos for joint ventures
- public landing page vs. show page for display set management
- basic html that can include links
- how browse, search, facet from the Display Set landing page
Proposal to replace User Collections with expanded Display Sets
There was a proposal by Linda Newman that Display Sets subsume the User Collection code base. This will effectively replace User Collections with the expanded functionality provided by Display Sets. This requires a broader conversation with the community.
- How are User Collections being used?
- Can Display Sets fill that need?
- Would this require that any user can create a Display Set?
- Would any user be able to make a Display Set public? (NOTE: User Collections do currently have visibility controls by default in Sufia. I'm not sure if you can disable the ability of users to set visibility for their user collections.) <Comment from Linda Newman: Would the ability to affect visibility controls for a Display Set be controlled by the Admin Set? <Comment from Linda Newman - see also my comment at bottom of this page: Requirements - Admin Sets vs. Display Sets vs. User Collections>