Designing a Migration Path: Assessing Barriers Upgrading to Fedora 4.x was awarded $49,279 from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (LG-72-18-0204-18) in 2018. DuraSpace will investigate barriers to upgrading unsupported versions of the Fedora repository platform used by approximately 240 libraries and archives in the United States. Use of unsupported versions puts the stability, security, and functionality of the content and services these institutions support at risk. This project will consult with an advisory board of stakeholders from the Islandora, Samvera, and Fedora communities; conduct an environmental scan of relevant community initiatives; and gather primary research data to inform recommendations for reducing barriers to upgrading. Project outputs will include user stories, an inventory of resources for upgrading, and recommendations for migration paths.
Want to get involved in this project? Please contact Erin Tripp (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Designing a Migration Path - Environmental Scan
- Designing a Migration Path - Institutional Profiles
- Designing a Migration Path - Migration Tool Review
- Designing a Migration Path - Fedora API Review
- Designing a Migration Path - Oxford Common File Layout Review
- Designing a Migration Path - Survey Results
- Designing a Migration Path - Final Report
Here are some important project resources (PDF will load in your browser or download depending on your browser settings):
- Abstract (PDF)
- Full Project Narrative (PDF).
- Schedule of Completion (PDF)
- Project Staff and Advisory Board (PDF)