This was the procedure used to release the 7.0 beta1 release. It may change prior to 7.0 final.
0. Select a Release Tag Name
Something like "dspace-7.0-beta1". We will use this same tag for the Backend, Frontend and DockerHub.
1. Release Backend Via Maven
- Generally, follow the existing Official Release Procedure at Release Procedure#MakinganOfficialRelease(e.g.'dspace-x.y'or'dspace-x.y-rc1').
- On key difference is that DSpace 7 requires usage of a "
-Drelease" flag in every release command. This property ensures the proper Maven modules are enabled (or disabled) based on what needs to be released.
- Dry Run:
mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=
- Release Version: "7.0-beta1"
- Release Tag: "dspace-7.0-beta1"
- Tag & Increment Version:
mvn release:prepare -Dresume=
- Deploy to Sonatype:
mvn release:perform -Drelease
- Login to Sonatype & release to Maven Central: http://oss.sonatype.org/
- Dry Run:
- Create a Release in GitHub linking to the Release Notes
2. Release Frontend Via a Tag
- Create a new Release & Tag in GitHub. See https://help.github.com/en/github/administering-a-repository/managing-releases-in-a-repository for full instructions
- Note: Alternatively, you can choose to tag the release from command-line (via git tag), but GitHub allows you to create a new tag when creating a new release.
- Make sure the GitHub Release description links to the Release Notes
3. Build Docker Images for Tagged Releases
Images can be built & pushed from commandline to DockerHub. Again, use the same tag name as above.
Terry, Tim, Kim & Pascal currently have Push access. Request it from one of them if you don't have it yet.