Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees

  • Pascal-Nicolas Becker (The Library Code)*

  • Allan Bell (University of British Columbia Library)

  • John Butler (University of Minnesota)*
  • Suzanne Chase (Georgetown University)

  • Lieven Droogmans (Atmire)*
  • Federico Ferrario / Roberto Suardi (Cineca)

  • Scott Hanrath (University of Kansas) 

  • Barbara Hirschmann (ETH Zurich)
  • Jyrki Ilva (National Library of Finland)*

  • Jayan Kurian (University of Sunshine Coast)
  • Pierre Lasou (Université Laval)

  • Mariya Maistrovskaya (University of Toronto)
  • Lautaro Julián Matas (LA Referencia / RedCLARA)
  • João Mendes Moreira (Foundation of Science and Technology Portugal)*

  • Susanna Mornati (4Science)*

  • César Olivares (CONCYTEC)*
  • Jere Odell (Indiana University Purdue University Indiana)

  • Kristi Park (Texas Digital Library) - Chair

  • Beate Rajski (Hamburg University of Technology)
  • Gail Steinhart (Cornell University)
  • Peter Sutton-Long (University of Cambridge, interim)*
  • Maureen Walsh (The Ohio State University Libraries)*(star)

LYRASIS

  • Laurie Arp
  • Michele Mennielli
  • Robert Miller
  • Tim Donohue
  • Heather Greer Klein


The (star) represents who will be taking notes for a given meeting. It rotates after each meeting to the next person in the attendee list.

*Members of DSpace Steering Group


Meeting time:  12PM-1PM UTC - 5


Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:  https://lyrasis.zoom.us/j/9963190968  (Meeting ID: 996 319 0968)

One tap mobile
+19292056099,,9963190968# US (New York)
+16699006833,,9963190968# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
877 853 5257 US Toll-free
888 475 4499 US Toll-free
+32 2 290 9360 Belgium
+32 2 588 4188 Belgium
0 800 267 88 Belgium Toll-free
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free
+358 3 4109 2129 Finland
+358 9 4245 1488 Finland
0 800 102 188 Finland Toll-free
+49 30 3080 6188 Germany
+49 30 5679 5800 Germany
+49 69 7104 9922 Germany
0 800 1800 150 Germany Toll-free
0 800 724 3138 Germany Toll-free
+39 020 066 7245 Italy
+39 069 480 6488 Italy
800 596 788 Italy Toll-free
800 790 654 Italy Toll-free
+51 1 707 5788 Peru
+51 1 730 6777 Peru
0 800 78743 Peru Toll-free
+351 308 804 188 Portugal
+351 308 810 988 Portugal
800 180 888 Portugal Toll-free
+41 22 518 89 78 Switzerland
+41 31 528 09 88 Switzerland
+41 43 210 70 42 Switzerland
0 800 002 622 Switzerland Toll-free
0 800 561 252 Switzerland Toll-free
+44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom
+44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5237 United Kingdom
+44 203 966 3809 United Kingdom
0 800 031 5717 United Kingdom Toll-free
Meeting ID: 996 319 0968
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ad34rKdCKv


Agenda

#

Time

Item

Information

Who

15 minDSpace 7 development update

Development schedule update from release manager

Project Boards on GitHub

Heather Greer Klein, Tim Donohue
220 minReport on fundraising and development invoice amounts

Invoices from contract development have caught up to fundraising.

Update on membership renewals.

Proposal for next month:

  • authorize invoicing up to $50,000 between now and August, with extended payment terms
  • authorize the use of the line of credit if necessary (at the end of payment term)
  • recognize that development will slow for the remainder of summer due to holidays
  • continue fundraising to close the gap
Laurie Arp, Kristi Park
310 min

Elections


Mic will be coordinating Leadership Elections in the coming weeks.


1) We need to run elections even though we don't yet have 100% on membership renewals.

2) Question: Should DSpace keep the 1 guaranteed seat for the gold members as for the previous year?

3) Request: Are any leaders willing to reach out to members at their tier level to solicit candidates?

  • Michele Mennielli
410 minDSpace/LYRASIS MOU for 2020-21

Part 1: Revised MOU for current fiscal

Summary of changes:

  • Changed DSpace Project to DSpace Program
  • Advanced notice of termination changed from 180 days to 90 days
  • Put overhead rate in agreement
  • Added language about voting seat for LYRASIS
  • Other minor changes

Part 2: Fully revised and streamlined MOU with extended (3-year) term by end of 2020

Kristi Park
510 minMember Engagement Task Force update

DSpace Community Engagement Working Group



Michele Mennielli



FYIs and items for next meeting

FYI: DSpace has been invited to submit a full SCOSS Funding Proposal. Erin Tripp at LYRASIS is leading this effort, with assistance from Kristi, Jyrki, and other LYRASIS staff.

Next meeting agenda items:



Notes: 

DSpace 7 development update

Heather: Beta 3 completed as expected - end of June. Bug fixes and all features in release schedule + features finished ahead of time.

Have had a beta release every 2 months in 2020 - with all goals included. Ten new features, major components, 8 translations, security enhancements.

64% more work completed with funded development than same amount of time last year.

Moved to GitHub from Jira. Public project boards + a bug board.

Will have fewer resources in July/August with vacations.

Report on fundraising and development invoice amounts

Laurie: we had a 300,000 USD fundraising goal. Raised to date 149,227 USD. We have spend that money on funded development invoices (143,000 USD).

Current membership to date: DSpace has 80 members that have renewed. includes 32 institutions in German Consortium and a few that asked to pay in Sept. DSpace can count on $304,524.65 (= 6 coppers; 23 bronze; 8 silver; 7 gold; 3 platinum and 1 consortium). 17 institutions have not renewed yet, for a total of $65,000 (1 supporter; 1 copper; 11 bronze; 3 silver; 1 platinum).

Kristi: Invoiced what we brought in. How to move forward. We will see a development slowdown due to summer holidays/vacations (probably won't invoice as much). Need a model for this time period. we have about 25,000 USD in net assets.

Proposal for next month:

  • authorize invoicing up to $50,000 between now and August, with extended payment terms
  • authorize the use of the line of credit if necessary (at the end of payment term)
  • recognize that development will slow for the remainder of summer due to holidays
  • continue fundraising to close the gap

Robert: LYRASIS is pursuing grant funds. raise money for next generation - grow an opportunity

Kristi: Move forward with paid development plan - any objections? No.

Expect a full financial report at Steering and next Leadership.

Elections

Michele: Renewal process is going very well. Only 1 said not renewing so far.

Questions:

1) Run elections even though we don't yet have 100% on membership renewals?

2) Question: Should DSpace keep the 1 guaranteed seat for the gold members as for the previous year?

Kristi: Run elections now. Maureen: agree

Maureen: don't change governance structure now as renewal letters already went out and many already renewed based on existing governance structure.

Kristi: keep same for now.

Robert: Keep same for now but start t work on governance structure for future.

Allan: Look at regions and representation when looking at re-structuring

Kristi: Michele has been doing good work here, but we could formalize that more

Kristi: Any objections to keeping ratios/model the same for this election? No.

Michele: Will send an email to the 17 who have not renewed to let them know about the upcoming election

Michele: Are any leaders willing to reach out to members at their tier level to solicit candidates? Scott - silver. Bronze - ? (add volunteer here, missed in notes)

Kristi: Leaders will be in place by September.

Michele: membership web pages will be updated in September.

DSpace/LYRASIS MOU for 2020-21

Kristi:

Part 1: Revised MOU for current fiscal

Summary of changes:

  • Changed DSpace Project to DSpace Program
  • Advanced notice of termination changed from 180 days to 90 days
  • Put overhead rate in agreement
  • Added language about voting seat for LYRASIS
  • Other minor changes

Part 2: Fully revised and streamlined MOU with extended (3-year) term by end of 2020

Idea to lightly update existing MOU now - will revisit as a community in the Fall. Not treat this one as final product now. Reviewed changes.

Beate: Questions about the rate of the Indirect Cost Allocation. Not enough time to review. Discuss at next Leadership?

Laurie: Same rate - just trying to be clearer about what the rate is.

Kristi: Take to Steering for approval since just received it. Gather and share financial orientation, approved budgets, end of fiscal report, and a spreadsheet to show indirect cost calculation. Hold the vote until Steering. Any objections? No.

Member Engagement Task Force update

Michele: New group met twice so far. First to frame group and identity goals, Second to get into actions. Updates to registry needed. Looking at national groups. Will focus attention on Latin America, Spain and US/NA. Looking at creating and sending out a survey to identify needs, requirements, expectations of membership. Notes from meetings on wiki.

John: Timing of survey? Michele: Don't have that yet.

FYIs and items for next meeting

Kristi:

DSpace has been invited to submit a full SCOSS Funding Proposal. Erin Tripp at LYRASIS is leading this effort, with assistance from Kristi, Jyrki, and other LYRASIS staff.

Next meeting agenda items:


  • No labels